So, you’ve read a lot of books that fall under the crime genre. If ghastly details of murders and the investigation that follows are your thing, you will go “YAAASSS” at all the following points.
- You get some weird dreams. They mostly follow the crime + thriller variety.
- You keep a book on your nightstand to make note of these dreams so that you can make it the plot line of a novel you’ll probably never get around to writing.
- You can be very paranoid and jump at the slightest noises when you’re alone at home. Who knows, a serial killer could’ve entered your house. It’s not like it hasn’t happened to the victims in the 10000 books you’ve read.
- The various books that you’ve read of this genre help you in guessing who the killer is halfway through the story.
- You often tell people that the amount of crime novels you’ve read can even help you get away with murder. But they know you’re just showing off and that you’d much rather read another book.
- You’ve tried some good old profiling and behavioral analysis at some point. But you just channel your inner John Locke when people tell you you can’t do it.
- Your family and friends think that this obsession is unhealthy and an intervention has taken place at some point.
In the end, all that matters is you and your love for gruesome murders in the written word. You can go back to your books now. Happy reading!
Thank you for reading this, fellow crime fiction lover! Let me know your thoughts in the comments.