So, I’ve been nominated by Kristen over at The Bookish Introvert for the Liebster award. Go check out her blog if you haven’t already and give her a follow! She has awesome posts!
The Rules (as seen in Kristen’s post):
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
What is your favorite book and why?
Why is this not in plural? I have so many favorite books! I guess if I had to pick just one, it’d be the Harry Potter series (I know, I know. It’s 7 books). As I’ve mentioned in several posts by now, I religiously read Harry Potter over and over again. Why do I like it? Well, the magic for starters. The world, the setting, JKR’s writing, the extremely well written characters.. are the other reasons. I could keep going on but it’ll probably bore you.
Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
Sadly, I don’t have any pets. I do love dogs, though. I would love to adopt a Golden Retriever some day.
How long have you been blogging?
Two weeks. In this short period, I’ve noticed just how amazing the blogging community is. The past two weeks have been crazy and I’m really loving this whole blogging thing. Here’s for more to come!
What book are you currently reading? Tell me about it.
I’m currently reading The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins. I started reading it yesterday and I’m already half way through it. I’m loving it so far and can’t wait to get back to it.
What is the name of the saddest book you’ve ever read?
I’m not a person who easily cries. But there are some books that were so sad they made me cry. My Sister’s Keeper and The Storyteller, both by Jodi Picoult, were pretty sad books.
If you could be one fictional character for a day, who would it be?
Any character from the Potterverse, please. Better yet, a character young enough to still be in Hogwarts. (Still smarting over not getting my Hogwarts letter. )
What was your last dream about?
I read a lot of crime fiction which often leads to some very weird dreams. Last night, it was about being tied up in a warehouse along with 5 other people. I end up killing the guy who was holding us hostage and rescuing everyone. (Gee, I should write a book with all this crap.)
Who is your favorite Book Boyfriend?
Many come and go but they can never equal Ned Nickerson from the Nancy Drew series. 😛 (I used to love Nancy Drew as a kid.)
What destination would you love to travel to?
Ireland! Because it always looks so pretty in the pictures.
What is your favorite song at the moment?
It has always been “Make your own kind of music” by Mama Cass Elliot. I first heard it in the TV show Lost. I still haven’t grown bored of it.
Biggest pet peeve?
When people cough with their mouths open. I just can’t stand it. Urgh. Now I’m mad just thinking about it.
Why, why do we have to give facts about ourselves? I’m not good at it. Anyway, here goes:
- It is an already established fact that I read a lot of books. I’m going to repeat that so that I only have to think of ten more things about myself. 😛
- I’m obsessed with TV shows. I binge watch shows like crazy. My favorite TV shows are 30 Rock, House of Cards, Arrested Development, and Lost.
- I like watching standup comedy. My favorite standup comedian is Russell Peters.
- I love all the SNL alumni like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Jimmy Fallon, and Maya Rudolph. I watch their old SNL sketches on YouTube when I’m bored.
- I absolutely hate it when people don’t try to maintain hygiene when they have a cold. Wash your hands and close your mouth when you cough. How difficult is it?
- I love quotes! I save any beautiful quote that I see for future use. And that’s why I’ve started a new Quote Hoarders feature on my blog. 🙂
- The volume when I’m watching TV has to be in even numbers or multiples of 5. I’m anal that way.
- Like Kristen, I too have Resting Bitch Face syndrome. No, I’m not mad about you. I’m just wondering what I should eat for lunch.
- At times, I can be pretty antisocial and at other times, I talk a lot. A paradox, I know.
- I can be very judgemental about the books you read. I’ve given several people the stink eye at the library while they were checking out books which I felt were sub par.
- I will never watch a book to movie adaptation without having read the book first. I still haven’t watched the Game of Thrones TV show because I have read only the first book in the series.
My Questions and Nominations:
- What are your favorite books and why?
- What genres of books do you usually read?
- Is there any book to movie adaptation that you actually enjoyed?
- What is your favorite book quote? (It can be from a book or about reading in general.)
- Do you have a specific reading nook? Describe it.
- What is a book that you finished reading within a day? How was it?
- Is there a book that you absolutely hate? Which book is it?
- What are your favorite TV shows?
- Do you buy most of your books or borrow them from the library?
- How are the books in your bookshelf arranged?
- What is one question you would’ve loved to see on this list? How would you have answered it?
Nominees: (Disregard this if you’ve already received the award.)
What did you think of the post? Let me know in the comments!