Hold up, I didn’t lurk on anyone’s blog over the last month and there’s another award doing the rounds?! I turn my eyes away for a few days and you guys come up with a new award! And this one sounds wonderful!
So pretty, too!
I was nominated by Pooja of That Weird Brown Girl to receive this amazing award. I found her blog only a day ago and from the posts I’ve read so far, I can see that she pushes out excellent content regularly. Go follow her, if you aren’t doing so already!
Now, this Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma (can we take a moment to appreciate this super cool name, first?). She says–
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
…”amazing bloggers with ingenious posts”?
Wait, NO, you can’t have the award back. I’m amazing, remember? *clutches award and scurries away*
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 things about myself:
1. I started blogging 8 months back and the awards I’ve received have made me very good at talking about myself. Before I became a blogger, when made to talk about myself, it was always “So, my name is Shruti. And I, ugh, read a lot. I’m a Potterhead. So, yeah. Erm, that’s all.”
While blogging, starting with the Liebster award, every award post makes you list out things about yourself. I’ve written so much about myself that these days I swiftly list out random crap and move on. “Shruti Ramanujam. Loves books, Jodi Picoult, Ayn Rand, Harry Potter, Tina Fey, and golden retrievers. Wears black. Hates people. Now, GET.”
Wait, should I change my About section to this?
2. I love memes and anything tumblr. When friends tag me in memes, I always get a little condescending. Me: “Oh honey, that meme was famous a week back. That’s a century in Internet time”. Seriously. I also don’t like it when people act like they know their memes better that I do. I’m a hermit with an Internet connection. I know everything that’s in and everything that’s out, in and out.
While we’re at it, let me get it out that I hate the howbow dah girl. Why, oh dark Internet, have you made this famous over the past week? *cringes*
3. My brand of humor is mostly self-deprecating. But, make no mistake, I think I’m fabulous. This tumblr post sums it up neatly.
Answers to Pooja’s questions:
1. How much has your content, style and writing changed since your first post on WordPress?
My first post was a review. When I first started, I did a lot of research before putting up my first post. Until then, I hadn’t written a single review in my life before. Looking back, that review feels almost like I’d penned down exactly what I would’ve said to a friend while recommending the book to them. A few posts in, I was able to find my voice and stick to it. I fine-tuned the structure of my reviews and still try to retain that recommending-to-a-friend voice now. Ultimately, we post reviews so that readers can get an honest idea about what books are like. That is what we should strive to continue doing. Posts other than reviews haven’t undergone any drastic change in terms of style or writing.
2. What was your first post on WordPress about? Explain it briefly.
It was review of the book Killing Floor by Lee Child. You can read it here. I already talked about it in the previous answer.
3. Why do you blog? Blogging makes you feel ________ ?
Blogging makes me feel amazing! I never knew I would find a hobby that I love as much as books. Until I started blogging, people would always say that I should blog/write something because of my obvious interest in literature. I would always laugh it off, saying “I’m more a reader than a writer”. I decided to just dip my toe in the pool several months back and slipped head-first into it. I blog for that one comment where someone says “I just added this book to my TBR list because of you”.
4. The person you look up to?
I don’t have any particular person that I look up to constantly. I find my ideal in book characters and decide that that’s how my life should be, too.
5. Three things you can’t live without?
Books, Internet, and food with high fat.
These are some wonderful people and you should follow them immediately. After you’ve liked/commented on my post. 😛
Nadia @ An Introverted Blogger
Sarah @ The Critiquing Chemist
Alyssa @ Book Huntress
Lashaan and Trang @ Bookidote
Annie @ The Misstery
Michael @ My Comic Relief
My questions for the nominees:
I was asked some wonderful questions and I’m going to draw inspiration from those.
- How much has your style of writing changed since you first started blogging?
- How long have you been blogging? How has the experience been so far?
- How do you keep up with posting regularly without slacking off?
- What book/TV show/movie would you recommend strongly to anyone you meet?
- (Crazy/fun question) Rant about someone here. You can use the most colorful language you can. Let the bitching begin. 😀
Links to my best posts:
Well, I love them all equally, but ze followers seem to like my listicles best. The top 2:
Phew, this was the longest award post I’ve ever written. What did you think of it? As always, let me know in the comments! 🙂