Like me, you probably read when you commute by public transportation every day. And, like yours truly, you’ve probably experienced all of the following, too.
1. When you get into a really crowded train or bus, but forget the crowd when you open your book.
2. When you smell your book and catch a commuter giving you weird looks.
3. When you sense someone obviously reading over your shoulder.
4. When you make eye contact with another reader and you do the super-secret-book-lover-kinship nod.
5. When you’re trying to find out the title of a book another commuter is reading and break out the ninja moves.
6. When you see someone reading your favorite book and want to fangirl over it with them but also don’t want to disturb them.
7. When you sigh loudly because your stop has come and you need to close your book.
And, the cycle starts again the next day!
Do you read on public transportation? Have you experienced any of this? Let me know in the comments! 🙂