Up and coming YA novel seeks a strong and motivated female to lead its team to victory in a dystopian future.
Job duration: 3 books
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have an obscure name that is difficult to pronounce.
2. Be an orphan or raised by a single mother or father who never got over their S.O.’s death and now drink themselves to oblivion.
3. Never realize how pretty she looks.
4. Like, seriously. Her? Pretty?
5. Be white. If POC, must be okay with their skin color being likened to any coffee beverage (honey, mocha, caramel…we could go on and on).
1. Must save the human race.
2. Must also choose a boyfriend before the end of the first book.
3. The love interest can be:
a. Best friend, who you realize was there all along only towards the last few pages of the book.
b. Brooding hot guy with a dark past. You will fix him while also saving the world.
4. Shouldn’t know you’re pretty until your love interest makes you realize it. Extra points if you have multiple pages of internal monologue about how not-pretty you are.
5. Should have a girl you’ve been best friends with since childhood. She is there just to move the plot along.
Skills and requirements
1. Should be able to ramble about whether he likes you or not and also topple a totalitarian government at the same time.
2. Should not wear makeup because you are low maintenance. Your best friend will give you a makeover halfway through the novel, after which your love interest will fall for you.
3. Every kiss should involve fireworks, sparkles, rainbows, and star dust.
4. Should repeat that you’re not pretty every 3 pages (negotiable).
5. Should be waxed and smell good even after running through a forest for 60 days while escaping the beasts/murderous special agents the totalitarian government has sent after you.
Interested? Send résumés to newYAauthor@tropes.com.