In my previous Wednesday Wisdom post, I spoke about certain kinds of posts that you should be writing. Today, we’ll get down to the nitty-gritty and look at actual post ideas that could make your next blog post.
This is just a list of blog posts you could use in your blog. If you have a suggestion for these blog posts, let me know in the comments!
Book blog post ideas:
- Write a book review (yes, I added the most obvious one).
- List your favourite books and explain why you liked them.
- Share your favourite book covers.
- Write a discussion post short vs long novels.
- Give genre-based book recommendations to your readers.
- List your favourite character names from books.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Goodreads reading challenges.
- Re-read your favourite childhood book now and write about whether your opinion of it changed.
- Write about your favourite book-to-screen adaptation(s).
- List book characters you’d love to be best friends with.
- Tell us why you started reading.
- List books with the best opening lines.
- Write about how people in your country can get more review copies.
- Share your favourite retellings of a classic.
- List popular books or series that you’ve never read.
- Write a weekly/monthly wrap-up post.
- Create a bingo-board for a reading challenge (if you’re up for following up on it and participants).
- Review a book from a genre you usually don’t read.
- Interview an author.
- List hyped up books you were disappointed with.
- Write about your favourite book boyfriends/girlfriends.
- Share your favourite maps from fantasy books.
- List tropes and cliches that you love.
- Compare NetGalley with Edelweiss and tell us which one you prefer more.
- Hardcover or paperback: Which do you prefer more?
- Write about bookstagram. (If you’re good at it, you can give tips too).
- Discuss your favourite and least favourite trend in the bookstagram community.
- Write about the one social network you love publicising your blog posts/reading on.
- List your favourite fictional cities.
- Write about books you bought just for their covers.
- List your favourite self-published books.
- Rant about something bookish. Do you want to diss people who say audiobooks aren’t real books? Do you hate a trope? Rant away!
- Write about the fandoms you love.
- Make a seasonal blog post (birthday, Thanksgiving, snow day, National Pancake day…anything, really).
- Introduce yourself and tell your readers about what you do when you’re not blogging.
- Review bookish products like subscription boxes, candles, book lights, and more.
- Confess to a book sin you’ve committed (dog-eared a page? Broke a spine? Reveal it all!)
- List books whose endings were spoiled for you.
- Write about book inspired costumes.
- List your favourite Christmas/summer/beach reads.
- Discuss the pros and cons of being a book blogger.
- Write about your favourite fictional items (time turners, Tardis, the cupboard to Narnia).
- Write about the lessons you’ve learned from blogging so far.
- Recommend underrated books that are similar to hyped books everyone loves. (For eg., if you loved Gone Girl, you’ll also like…)
- Write about a book you love that everyone hates.
There you go. These were just a few topics I could think of. There’s a whole world of things you could write about on your blog. If you have any suggestions for the list, add those in the comments!